Design Group Italia
Client: 3M GTG
Apr - May 2014
Designing a 84inc touch screen display experience to enable remote collaboration, foster productivity and grown people skills. Frame is a corporate communication tool produced by 3M-GTG.
Showcase 'Frame it' at Orgatec 2014 fair - one month of time, since we received the brief from GTG.
Show the potential trough a simplified single app (sand box model) valuable for brainstorming and sharing meetings during the Orgatech event.
The journey to the future of collaboration started with the Intelligent Workspaces initiative conceived together with 3M GTG & Aecom. While designing a tool for corporate communication we based our research on interviews with Fortune 50 and many other highly innovative digital companies.
This information led our design team to work around four pillars:
Time - Meeting efficiency is a real issue for many companies. Improving this could enhance a company’s productivity.
Space - Companies are globally spread and handling ubiquity is not a matter of choice.
Collaborative Efficiency - A tool like this should support teamwork, proactivity, and the ablity to guide users to success.
Cognitive Efficiency - To grow people skills.
UX Design Lead
- User research with Fortune 50 companies
- Customer Journey + Storyboard sketches
- Supervising a team of UX and visual designer
- Supporting the Industrial designers team for the definition of the product, look & feel and prototype production
- Design of the interaction between the KJ wall and other digital devices as iPad
- Wireframe documentation to illustrate use cases and micro-interactions
1 Project Manager, 1 UX Design Lead, 1 UX junior designer, 1 Visual designer, 1 Psychologist 2 industrial designers, 1 external contractor for prototyping in collaboration with the 3M design team and software engineers