At the beginning of 2014 I found myself having a curios conversation with Lunk Jayanata an Indonesian investor and entrepreneur who was dreaming of starting a wooden bicycle company from recycled wood.
Few months after we were launching Woodencycle at the Design Week in Milan.
As Creative Director I’ve been developing from the first design sketch in December 2013 to the brand identity strategy and product launch during the design week in Milan April 2014.
- Designed 3 bikes and managed the production phase in Indonesia
- Envisioned the brand identity and strategy
- Managed partnerships with bike elements producers as Brooks for the saddle and Italian bike shops for the wheels
- Managed partnership with Jill Sander for clothes and shooting day
- Hired and collaborated with Art Director, Video Producer, Photographer, Models, and Milan bike shops owners
- Managed the brand and product launch at the Design week, venues, logistics & press
Woodencycle are now exposed at Triennale Design Museum exhibition 'Women in Italian Design' and are available on request on the company website.